Guidelines & Rules
Welcome to the ISHAS Professional & Academic Forum on Targeting Hyaluronan/Hyaluronic Acid (HA) in COVID-19 Infection and Pathology. Please familiarize yourself with these guidelines and rules before participating.
- Demonstrate critical judgment in your contributions and interpretations of other postings. Some will be opinions and should not be considered as fact or evidence.
- Express your opinion or politely challenge an opinion in a posting. Sharing is vital to enhancing the quality and level of discussion.
- Welcome new members to the forum and help them to find the information and resources they are looking for in the forum. Stay calm and ignore members that bother you. Instead, report them to us by using the "Contact a Forum Moderator" link found on most of the forum pages.
- Report contributions that violate the rules and guidelines by selecting the "Alert" icon found at the top of the post. Please do not reply to the offending post. You can also use the "Contact a Forum Moderator" link found on most of the forum pages.
Please do not:
- Post or discuss any illegal activities. For example, any approach that would not conform to international regulations for clinical trials.
- Use explicit, obscene, or vulgar language, image, or messages, including racist remarks.
- Disrespect other members of the forum community. Please do not make remarks that insult or defame any individual or a group. Agree to Disagree.
- Post overtly political or religious nature OR posts promoting advocacy of particular personal, medical, legal, religious, political, or non-profit causes. This forum is intended to advance the knowledge of hyaluronan in COVID-19 and debate is welcome if the focus is related to the topic.
- Use multiple usernames. Please register and use only one username.
- Use lengthy signatures. Limit signatures to 10 lines or less. Moderators will edit and/or remove signatures that are too long.
- Post offline personal contact information or ask for personal information of others. Please use caution when sharing personal contact information.
- Post “Advertising” or links to “Spam”. “Advertising” or “Spam” is defined as posting a link for the purpose of selling, soliciting or promoting by someone that has ownership or other "vested interest" to the web site involved, including efforts to promote other online forums or web sites by web site owners. Fundraising requests (including nonprofit fundraisers) are not permitted. If you are a web site owner and have a link that is considered of interest to the discussion group, please submit it to our resource directory and we will review your submission. Only links to personal home pages are allowed in signatures and member profiles.
- Post copyrighted material. Information copyrighted or owned by another individual or entity should only be posted by that individual.
- Use the forum to give professional medical advice. If you are a medical professional, please remember the forums and chat are for academic discussions and NOT for patient support and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services.
- Post irrelevant or off-topic posts. Posts that are not relevant may be deleted at the moderator’s discretion. Posting cryptic messages to bypass the rules is not permitted.
- Disrespect the moderators. Moderators are volunteers that donate many hours of their own time to help in the forums. Violations of this rule will not be tolerated.
- Post lengthy articles. The forum is not intended for full articles and we keep the right to edit and/or shorten contributions if deemed necessary. Instead, provide a link to the article in our “Publications” section.
- Use SHOUTING.
- Users that do not abide by the rules may be subject to having their posts edited or deleted, their member account permanently banned from further access and/or deleted without notice.
- Rules and guidelines may change at any time, please re-read them regularly.